27% of UK carbon emissions come from houses, so upgrading the energy efficiency of our older homes with insulation is a major component of our national carbon emissions reduction.
The Better Insulation workshop combines the view of a householder, a green builder and low-carbon architect, introducing the tricky issues. We can help you think about your home:
- What types of insulation are available and which systems best suit certain house types and life styles?
- Where is the government headed on these problems?
- What new possibilities are coming?
As a home-owner, how low could you go on emissions reduction? What is a reasonable target for your home and your circumstances? How do you balance the cost, effectiveness and disruption of your planned improvements?
- Stuart Dyer – Householder, Transition Cambridge
- Tim Acheson – Founder, Green Hat Construction
- Margaret Reynolds – Architect and Open Eco Homes host