Tue 23 June, 6.30 – 7:30pm
Mark will show his and Mandy’s inspiring home, which is his third self-build.
Their choices were constrained by their budget and a narrow site, making for a challenging design for the team, including Mole Architects. The result is a beautiful, low-energy home. Some of its features are:
- structural insulated panels (SIPs) for an exact, well-insulated build
- triple glazing with low G glass to avoid summer overheating
- mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) for filtered, warm fresh air
- 3.5 kW PV system with iBoost to switch any excess electricity to hot water heating
- Low Energy Building Standard – “Passivhaus-lite”
- louvered cedar wall cladding and beautiful carpentry
See more details and photos in this Case Study.
In this interactive online tour you’ll learn lots about the choices and practicalities of a modern, sustainable self-build home.
It’s the first of this year’s Open Eco Homes online tours of inspiring Cambridge-area new-builds and retrofits, instead of our normal tours at the homes. Sign up at the bottom for information on other tours and webinars, when available.
Registration is essential (free, but donations welcome). You’ll then be sent a link to the tour: