Tours: 13 May and 27 May
Times: 10.30am, 12 noon, 2.00pm and 3.30pm
The Collins’ beautiful custom built house includes a ground source heat pump supplying underfloor heating, water heating by solar thermal, a whole house heat recovery system, a sedum roof and full-length south-facing windows that halve the heating needs in winter.
- Super-insulated throughout
- Thermal mass: internal clay brick walls
- Passive solar gain, sunpipes
- Ground source heat pump
- Underfloor heating
- Solar thermal plates, thermal store
- Whole house heat recovery ventilation
- Rainwater harvesting
- Biodiversity: green sedum roof, wildflower meadow, pond
Booking eco homes visits
Pre-booking is essential – to reserve your tours call 01223 301842
Booking lines are open 9am-6pm weekdays, 9am-1pm Saturdays
Open Eco Homes is organised by Cambridge Carbon Footprint and as a charity we rely on donations.
Your donation can make a real difference, and help us keep this informative and inspiring event free of charge.
Each eco homes visit costs the charity £5 per person per tour, and any contribution that you can make towards these costs is much appreciated. Donate now